NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza
Lack of information and misconceptions surrounding mental health issues prevent many members of the Latino community from getting the help and support they need. NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza is a bilingual 90-minute presentation that can help increase mental health awareness in Latino communities by addressing a number of important topics:
- The signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and depression
- How to talk about mental health and decrease stigma
- An overview of recovery and how it’s possible
- The types of mental health services and supports available, including NAMI education and support programs
What’s Included In The Presentation?
- A presenter team made up of two individuals–a person living with a mental health condition and a family member of a person with a mental health condition.
- A scripted 90-minute interactive dialogue centered on the presenters’ personal connections to mental health and journeys to recovery.
- A bilingual handout for presentation audiences, “There Is No Health Without Mental Health” (see below). This educational booklet provides mental health information through personal stories and highlights how and where to find help.
- Detailed guides, checklists, practice sheets and other materials (available in English and Spanish) to help you make community connections and plan a successful presentation.
The tools and resources in NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza are all modifiable, so they can be adapted to fit your needs and resources.Compartiendo-Esperanza
Current and Upcoming NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza Presentations
There are currently no NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza presentations scheduled in Kansas.
Become a NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza presenter!
There are currently no NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza State Trainings scheduled in Kansas, and NAMI is currently updating and revising NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza. If you are interested in becoming a NAMI Compartiendo Esperanza presenter, you may express your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. NAMI Kansas will then contact you when the revisions are complete and the next State Training is scheduled.