Mental Health Advocacy Day
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Sponsored by the
KANSAS MENTAL HEALTH COALITION
Join fellow consumers, family members, providers and advocates to learn about current mental health policy and budget issues and to educate our Kansas Legislators. All participants in Advocacy Day should schedule appointments ahead of time in order to meet with their legislators while in Topeka.
Schedule of Activities
8:30 a.m. – Noon Registration and continuous informational briefings – State Capitol Visitors Center
9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Exhibits – State Capitol, First Floor Rotunda
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Mental Health Advocacy Rally – State Capitol, South Apron outside
11:00 a.m. – Session of the Kansas House of Representatives
Noon – 1:00 p.m. Lunch for Legislative District Advocates* and Legislators (This Event is By Invitation Only) – State Capitol, First Floor North Wing
2:30 p.m. – Session of the Kansas Senate
Ongoing Activities for all participants:
Please schedule your appointments with legislators before you come to Topeka – assistance is available through your registration
NOTE: Members of the public must enter the Capitol at the north entrance and pass through security screening. Drop-off is allowed at the north entrance. Parking is difficult downtown, so allow plenty of time.
- There is no registration fee.
- Click here to register and to ensure that you receive the latest updates.
- Legislative District Advocates with the Grassroots Advocacy Network who pre-register for Advocacy Day will be invited to lunch with legislators and will be eligible for a travel stipend to cover fuel costs to Topeka.
- Everyone is encouraged to participate in Advocacy Day regardless of affiliation with the Grassroots Advocacy Network. However, lunch and travel benefits will only be provided to Legislative District Advocates.
- Travel stipends are available.
- You will receive additional information via e-mail once your registration information has been submitted.
JOIN THE GRASSROOTS ADVOCACY NETWORK
BECOME A LEGISLATIVE DISTRICT ADVOCATE
Legislative District Advocates are the heart and soul of the Kansas Voices for Mental Health: Grassroots Advocacy Network. The next training for the Grassroots Advocacy Network will take place in Topeka on Monday, February 29, 2016. Funding is available for overnight lodging for those who will be staying over for Mental Health Advocacy Day.