2019 Annual Conference
October 25-26, 2019
KVC Ball Conference Center
- Una Walkenhorst, Johnson County Mental Health Center
- Micah Pearson, NAMI Board of Directors
- Dr. George Thompson, M.D., KidsTLC, Inc.
- Tim DeWeese, Johnson County Mental Health Center
- Senator Barbara Bollier, State of Kansas
- Adult Transitioning: Scott Adams, CFP, CTFA, ChFC, ChSNC, Community America Financial Solutions
- Be Your Own Hero of Mental Illness: Stacy Cooper, Attorney at Law; and Alison Elley, Certified Health Coach
- Behind the Scenes: Doris Hamilton, Judy Stephens and Mary Bertsch, NAMI JOCO
- Bringing Peace to Crisis Hospitalization Through Art: Annie Ross, Certified Peer Specialist, Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center
- CARES: A Relationship Focused Support and Education Community for Parents of Traumatized and Attachment Disorder Children: Brandon Mock, LCPC, KidsTLC; and Mark Siegmund, LCPC, KidsTLC
- Family to Family Reinvestment (F2F Teachers ONLY): Em Soulia, NAMI JOCO; Dea VanDeBerghe, NAMI NEKL; and Susan West, NAMI SEKS, Treva Lichti, NAMI Wichita
- Long-Term Impact of Bullying: Dr. Martin Clark, Ed. D., Fort Leavenworth
- Look for the Helpers: Chad Childs, LCMFT, Community Engagement Institute; and Monica Kurz, Director, Headquarters, Inc.
- Managing a NAMI Satellite Walk: Stacey Lyddon, NAMI Kansas; Kara Ponder and Christine Anderson, NAMI JOCO Walk Managers
- OneCare Kansas: 1 Session for Providers with Samantha Ferencik, Program Analyst, KDHE; and 2 Sessions for Consumers with Becky Ross, Medicaid Initiatives Coordinator, KDHE
- Resources for Tobacco Recovery: Rick Cagan, NAMI Kansas; Jamie Katz, Prevention Coordinator, JOCO MHC; and Matthew Schrock, Community Health Specialist, KDHE
Please CLICK HERE to download a Registration & Scholarship Application Form.
Please CLICK HERE to Register online. (Online Registration opens on June 10, 2019, and closes on October 18, 2019.)
Make reservations for lodging at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Olathe by calling 913-254-0111, select Option 2. Ask for the NAMI group discount rate of $94.00 per night (plus tax). The group discount rate is available through October 4th, after which the rates are subject to change and lodging will be subject to availability. A credit card is required to guarantee reservations. Guests are responsible for all reserved accommodations and incidentals. The hotel’s cancellation policy requires payment of a cancellation fee equal to the first night’s room (plus tax) if a guest cancels less than 48 hours prior to the reserved check-in date. Check-in time is 3:00 pm on the day of arrival. Check-out time is 12:00 pm on the day of departure. Please contact the NAMI Kansas office for other options if the La Quinta Inn & Suites room block is sold out.
Sponsored in part by: