Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
NAMI Kansas seeks staff with a passion for improving the quality of life for people affected by mental illness, including individuals living with mental illness and their family members and friends. We offer resources, insight, coping skills, and genuine support focused on recovery.
NAMI Kansas provides full-time employees with a generous benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance and matching retirement contributions.
Position Announcement for Executive Director
NAMI Kansas is working on a planned succession process for the position of Executive Director. We are seeking a strategic and visionary individual to lead, engage, energize and expand the organization.
We expect to fill this position in the late spring of 2018 for a start date of July 2, 2018. Applications will be reviewed beginning February 9, 2018 and the position will remain open until it is filled.
Submit all of the following documents as PDF files to email@example.com. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- Cover letter
- Resume covering the last five years or more
- A relevant professional writing sample not exceeding 4 pages in length
- A signed Authorization to Release Information and Release of Liability
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions which are not addressed by the Position Announcement and Position Description or by a review of the NAMI Kansas website may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responses to relevant questions will be posted on this page. Applicants are encouraged to revisit this page for any updates.
- What is the salary range for the position? The salary range will be set not later than March 3rd by the Board of Directors after reviewing wage data and budgets. Applicants’ salary history and salary requirements will also be considered in making an offer to the successful candidate. If you have specific minimum salary requirements, we encourage you to specify those requirements in your cover letter. [Revised 1/16/18]
- Why is there a requirement for the Executive Director to live within a 30 mile radius of Topeka? The Board wants its Executive Director to be able to give his or her full attention to the demands of the position without the burden of an excessive commute. This is a position that requires a regular presence in the office, relating to other staff, and with regular access to partner organizations and state agencies located in Topeka. [Revised 1/16/18]
- How has the Executive Director’s time been allocated to different functions? Essential functions of the Executive Director are outlined in the full position description which can be downloaded from this page. No specific percentages have been calculated for each of the essential functions. Click here to review a short summary of the Executive Director’s duties. Related to governance duties, an Organizational Chart outlines key structures and relationships within NAMI Kansas. [Revised 1/19/18]
- What challenges and opportunities lie ahead for the organization? NAMI Kansas has experienced significant growth in staff, programs, and our grassroots base in the last few years. Maintaining and growing the base of support and volunteer engagement through our affiliate network represents the work ahead. This includes issues related to diversifying revenue streams, strengthening the capacity of our volunteer network, expanding partnerships at the local affiliate level, increasing our visibility among community leaders, and our presence in key geographic areas. These issues and others are laid out in the 2018-2020 Strategic Plan. [Revised 1/18/18]