One year after Osawatomie State Hospital stopped admitting patients for the first time in its history, the number of people waiting for mental health treatment is up. Kansas hospital officials say patients are waiting up to four days for a bed to open at Osawatomie State Hospital, one of two state-run inpatient facilities for adults with severe mental health issues.
- Medicaid fund could be tapped again to cover budget shortfall
- KanCare expansion group launches campaign to educate voters
- State contractor oversight criticized in wake of Medicaid mistake
- Committee seeks broader view of behavioral health efforts
- Kansas nonprofit expanding to meet addiction treatment demand